Summer always comes with juicy fruits and excessive heat. It’s very common to have tanning or sunburn these days.
This article will help you to solve the summer skin problems in a few minutes.
It’s also known as sodium bicarbonate. Basically it’s a kind of salt. It looks like white solid crystals. You can get it as powder also.
Baking soda is available in the grocery shops and stalls nearby.
Use of baking soda
Baking soda is widely popular for baking. Its bicarbonate properties help the dough to rise by producing carbon dioxide.
It helps in cooking also. Besides cooking and baking, baking soda has lots of benefits. Let’s have a look:
- We are often caught by acid reflux or heartburn. This is a painful experience.
- Treat your heartburn with baking soda.
- After having a heavy meal, take one glass of water, mix one tablespoon of baking soda and grab it.
- If you don’t like the neutral taste, you can add some normal salt with it.
- Mouthwash is one of good and healthy habits.
- Baking soda helps you to keep that habit fruitful.
- Add one spoon of baking soda in half a glass of warm water and add 2 or 3 drops of lemon.
Soothe canker sores
- Canker sores are often small, painful ulcers that can often attack inside your mouth.
- Heal this problem with baking soda.
- Add 2 tablespoon of baking soda in one glass warm water and wash your mouth with this mixture.
Whiten your teeth
- Add a pinch of baking soda with your regular toothpaste.
- This will help you to have white and strong teeth.
- Get pink lips!
- Take a pinch of baking soda, half a spoon of your regular toothpaste and lemon drops.
- Rub this mixture twice a day for five minutes.
- This helps to reduce the dark cells and gives you pink lips!
- Normally human sweat is odorless.
- Bacteria make this sweat bad.
- Just after taking a bath, wipe yourself properly.
- Now apply baking soda as a regular body powder.
- Baking soda fights against bad bacteria.
Relieve itchy skin and sunburn
Is a baking soda bath good for sunburn?
- Use one or two spoons of baking soda with your regular bath water.
- Or you can use baking soda by making a paste-like this-
- Take two tablespoons warm water.
- Mix two tablespoon of baking soda
- Add some orange or lemon extract.
- Now make it a paste.
- Apply the paste after a bath or washing.
- It’s a cool home remedy to get rid of sunburn and itchiness.
- As it can serve you as a deodorant, it can serve your other household stuff too!
- Spread a spoonful baking soda inside your fridge, cupboard or cabinet.
- It soaks the bad odor and keeps it clean.
- Make a paste of baking soda with detergent and water.
- Now apply this paste on the dirty and stained areas.
- The bicarbonate property helps to remove any kind of stain in no time, such as a coffee stain on a shirt or a catch-up stain on the carpet.
- It cleans your regular household stuff.
- Use it with your regular bathroom cleaner. It removes stains and gives a shiny look to the tiles, mirrors, commode, and basin.
- Eating healthy and clean products.
- Did you bring an apple full of wax coat from the shop?
- Take a bowl of water and mix some baking soda in it.
- Now sink the apple in this mixture.
- After 5 minutes see the magic!
- Baking soda can remove wax and germs layers from vegetables and fruits.
Save a scorched pot
- Mix some baking soda with the necessary amount of water to cover the stains of a scorched pot.
- Wait for 3 minutes and rub the pot generally.
- The scorched stains are gone!
- Apply baking soda in a bucket of water.
- Now sprinkle this mixture over the plants.
- This will finish the weeds and parasites.
Is baking soda bad for you?
Baking soda has a bunch of goodness.
Just make sure that you are not overusing it.
Too much use of baking soda can cause burning and inflammation.
What is the difference between baking soda and powder?
There are some differences.
Baking soda is activated with a liquid or acid.
Baking powder is activated bicarbonate. So it can be used for cooking only. Not for the skin.
Baking soda paste for your face
Baking soda for sunburn redness
Follow these easy steps to get a shiny and even-toned face–
- Wash your face carefully.
- Wipeout extra water.
- Take some normal or rose water.
- Mix two tablespoon baking soda to make a paste.
- Apply this paste and wait until it’s dry.
- Wash your face with clean and cool water.
- Have glowing skin by regular use.
- How do you get rid of a sunburn overnight?
- Just follow the previous steps to make baking soda paste.
- Now put two drops of lemon with a vitamin E capsule.
- This will reduce the redness and uneven tone overnight.
Is baking soda perfect for all types of skin?
It has exfoliating properties to make your skin clean and even-toned.
Remember this is not a moisturizer.
So if you have dry skin then apply some moisturizer after washing the baking soda paste.
Home remedies for sunburn of the face:
If you don’t want to use baking soda then you can follow these options:
- Put some ice into an ice bag or a fresh cotton cloth.
- Now rub it gently into your face.
- Follow the direction from chin to forehead.
- This trick can reduce redness and itchiness.
- This cactus plant holds a thick layer of gel inside its leaves.
- Take a fresh aloe vera leaf.
- Wash it from outside and pill out the skin.
- Apply the gel with fresh fingertips into your skin.
- This process helps you to get healthy skin.
- Remember; don’t go in the sun instantly after applying the gel.
- Wash your face properly and apply honey with a clean fingertip or a cotton ball.
- Honey gives you a smooth and shiny skin tone.
Baking soda is magical stuff to help you out from many kinds of problems. Sunburn or itchiness and other skin problems can be treated easily by taking proper steps.