It is essential to gutter cleaning to keep your roof water moving properly during the rainy season.
Because if you do not clean the gutter of your house for a long time, a lot of dirt accumulates in it, the dried leaves damage the drainage systems in your gutter.
As a result, the roof water cannot move into the gutter, which causes the water to pass over the drain. Also, the gutter plays a big role in the beauty and safety purpose of your home.
Due to the lack of cleaning for a long time, the spots on the gutter and some hard dirt on it look very ugly. And cleaning this dirt becomes a lot more complicated.
Also, insects, pests can nest in your home gutters channel, which is very dangerous for your home.
However, we have come up with a homemade gutter cleaning solution for you to make a cleaning solution at home efficiently and remove these stains.
Homemade Gutter Cleaning Solution Recipes
The most effective way is to use a homemade cleaning solution; thus, you can save money on one side. Also, you do not have to waste money, regularly purchasing different cleaning solutions.
Method 1 # White Vinegar Gutter Cleaning Solution
If you are looking for the best effective way of cleaning, then the first way you will see the way of white vinegar.
It is a very useful and easy way. With this gutter solution, you can use various other home improvement cleaning work.
What you’ll need:
- Warm Water
- White Vinegar
How to Make a White Vinegar cleaning solution:
- First, clean the dry leaves and dirt in your gutter. Then take a bucket with warm water, and mix vinegar with this.
- Then block the place where gutter water goes down. And then, pour the mixed warm water and vinegar solution in your bucket all over the gutter. And wait up to 1 hour.
- After an hour, thoroughly wipe your home gutter with a scrub brush. And clean the stained areas well.
- If the gutter is wholly finish cleaning, then turn on the drainage area. And rinse well again with clean water. It will give your home gutter a new, clean look.
Also Read More About: cleaning mildew off gutters
Method 2 # Cleaning Gutter Using TSP-PF
Like our previous methods, TSP-PF is another excellent way to clean your gutter effectively. TSP-PF is trisodium phosphate – phosphate-free. Due to which your gutter is perfectly clean without any kind of damage to the environment.
What you’ll need:
- Hot Water
- Scrub Brush
How to make a TSP-PF cleaning solution
- First, mix well with one cup of TSP-PF, a quart of bleach, and three quarts of hot water.
- Then pour some of the solutions into the gutter, and clean the gutter with the scrub brush you have. At the end of the cleaning, clean your gutter with clean water.
- Also, if there are any trees around your gutter, try to put plastic on them so that the cleaning solution’s water does not go there.
Method 3 # Cleaning Gutter Using Cream of Tartar
Many people may not know about this process; cream of tartar or scientists call it potassium hydrogen tartar.
It is another effective way of homemade cleaning, which you can easily create and apply your gutter.
What you’ll need:
- Cream of Tartar
- Scrub Brush
How to make a Cream of Tartar cleaning solution:
- First of all, like our previous process, if there is any dry dirt, leaves in the gutter, then clean it.
- Then mix a small amount of water with some cream of tartar, and put it in a bowl. Then mix these two ingredients well, much like a paste.
- After it becomes like paste, mix it with a scrub brush and apply it well in the gutter. And keep repeating this process until it is completely clear.
- Then after applying this process, clean your gutter well with water.
How to Use the Solutions to Clean your Gutter
When you have finished preparing your homemade gutter solution, you need to apply them properly so that you get the perfect result. Follow the steps below; you will easily get the result.
Get Tools and Cleaning Solutions: First of all, keep the necessary home cleaning tools (rubber gloves, bucket, ladder, scrub brush) together with you.
Clean Your Gutter: First, wear gloves on your hands, then climb on the roof of your house with the help of a ladder and clean the dirt.
If you want to clean gutters from the ground, click here to know How to Clean Gutters from the Ground.
Then remove the large debris. Then remove all the wet and dry garbage accumulated in your gutter; if the dirt is very thick, use a garden trowel.
Spray Your Gutter: After cleaning all the dirt and garbage, your gutter will look much cleaner.
But before applying the homemade gutter solution, spray your gutter with water to clean it better and clean the dirt that sticks; it will make your gutter look more visible than before, so you can easily get the best result after applying the solution.
Apply the Solution: Lastly, before applying your homemade solution, if you have a garden or plant around your gutter, cover it with plastic to protect it so that there is no solution to fall when cleaning.
Then take homemade solutions to your bucket, and apply the solution according to the applying process of the solution you have created.
And after using, if there are any stains on the gutter, then keep cleaning with a scrub brush and repeat the process.
In this article, we have tried our best to share the easy ways to make effective homemade gutter cleaning solutions, which can easily clean your house’s roof drain without any hassles.
As a result of keeping it clean at all times, rainwater is easily drained from the gutter; on the other side, no insects, pests can nest in your home gutters, and there is no chance of damage. Try to keep gutter cleaning 3 to 4 times a year.